Saturday, February 6, 2010

A long, long, time ago...

I can still remember when.

I tell my kids I used to have to walk two miles through the snow uphill just to get to the bus stop. Some of that is even true. But truthfully, times have  changed, and I'm not even really that old.

Here's a comparison of what my kids have for entertainment versus what I had when I was a kid.


My Kids
Me as a Kid
Ipod
AM Radio – Casey Kasem's Top 40, Records – We had a cool autoflip player thing (okay, that hardly ever worked), cassettes, reel-to-reel tape recorder
Computer
Commodore Vic 20
Wii
Board Games, Football, Basketball, Tennis, Reading
Television
Television with 4 stations: ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS
CBS: The First 50 Years

Digital Video Recorder
Live television with 4 stations: Miss it and never see it again.
DVDs
Talking about movies with friends who also haven't seen them.
Internet
Not so much

An update on my daughter's blog: Frustrated by blogger and blogspot web pages being blocked by default in Vista parental controls, she's not even trying to use it now. I think she can make modifications to her existing blog and get what she wants. She wants to create a new blog. Still working on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment